Vasectomy may be an appropriate method for you if any of the following are true:
- You and your partner have all the children you ever want to have.
- You and your partner don't want to have children and you can't or don't want to use temporary methods of family planning.
- You want a permanent, one time method of contraception.
- You (or your partner) have a medical condition that limits the use of other family planning methods.
- You want to enjoy sex without fear of pregnancy.
Vasectomy can be reversed with microsurgery. This is very expensive and fertility only returns less than 50% of the time. I will take a history about your relationship and family to help counsel you about your options prior to vasectomy. Very young men will be carefully counselled about the procedure and other options for contraception.